Houston Business and Personal Injury Attorney
Meet Josh Bowlin
Josh grew up in Pasadena, Texas. Remember the movie Urban Cowboy? The central gathering spot in that movie was Gilley’s, which was a stone’s throw away from his family’s home. Everyone was blue collar, and most dads worked in the refineries just down the road. Growing up around regular folks who worked in oil & gas and construction gave Josh an understanding of what it means to do an honest day’s work. As a young boy, Josh had a school mate whose dad was seriously injured while at work. These memories, along with growing up in the heart of the oil industry, is what sparked his passion for these areas of the law. Helping individuals and businesses who make these industries work is what Josh enjoys most about his practice.
Clients come to Josh when they need a lawyer with grit, but Josh also prides himself on being able to take complicated situations and find creative solutions. Sometimes the only resolution is money, but other times reaching an agreement takes creativity.
Josh’s litigation skills have landed numerous courtroom and arbitration victories, including disputes between oil & gas and construction companies, partnership and shareholder disputes, trade secret misappropriation cases, and “bet-the-company” cases.
Josh graduated with honors from Southwestern University in Georgetown, but his education has taken him from London to Beijing. From there, he graduated from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was a Presidential Scholarship recipient. Following graduation, Josh began his career with a well-respected national firm, where he quickly rose to the ranks of partner.
But Josh wanted his own firm where he could take all of his life experiences and use them to help good people. He founded Walston Bowlin with his long-time friend Cliff Walston to do just that.
- Southwestern University, B.A. with honors and summa cum laude, 1999
- University of Beijing, China
- University College of London
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2002
- “Top Lawyers in Houston” by H-Texas Magazine 2013-2016
- Rising Star, Business Litigation 2012-2016
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Presidential Scholarship Recipient, University of Texas School of Law
- Texas International Law Journal
- Mundy Research Fellow
- Planning today for your future tomorrow .. How to grow, save and protect your business and your wealth – Panel Discussion Remodeler’s Counsel, January 2015
- Presenter for “Texas Construction Litigation: Staying in the Field and Out of the Courtroom,” to RCI, Inc., an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall systems (November 2013)
- “Avoiding and Resolving Extra Work and Delay Claims: Practical Strategies for Creating Realistic Work Schedules, Dealing with Delays and Resolving Overage Costs”, American Conference Institute, Construction Litigation, Orlando, FL, February 29-March 1, 2012
- “Covering Your Assets: How to Make Sure the Accountant Being Sued Is Not You”, Houston 34th Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar, November 2011