Having grown up running the halls of his father’s law firm in Beaumont selling Cub Scout popcorn, Cliff Walston has been around lawyers and law firms his entire life. Sometimes he wonders why he was drawn to this crazy profession, but deep down he knows the answer is simple: a passion for serving others in the law is simply in his blood.
After receiving a full academic scholarship to the University of Texas, Cliff couldn’t pack his bags for Austin fast enough. He graduated UT with honors from the Business Honors Program at the McCombs School of Business, with a specialization in Finance. Cliff then graduated from the University of Texas School of Law, also with honors.
Upon graduating law school, Cliff became a partner at Diamond McCarthy LLP, where he worked as a business litigation lawyer for nearly six years before joining Farrar & Ball, LLP. In 2012, Cliff served as outside general counsel for Quality Oilfield Manufacturers and in 2014, as general counsel for PLS, Inc.. Two years later, Cliff joined with now partner Josh Bowlin to form Walston Bowlin, LLP.
Cliff believes his technical business background provides him a much deeper understanding of the impact of litigation on his clients, not just in the courtroom, but also in the boardroom where the critical business decisions get made. This insight has served his clients well, ranging from large international corporations to family owned businesses that are the backbone of our country’s economy.
Cliff has also represented individuals and families who have lost loved ones in catastrophic accidents, whether caused by corporate negligence or defective products. The serious injury or death of a loved one is a life-changing event no one should be forced to endure, and Cliff takes great pride in aggressively seeking the justice his clients deserve.
- University of Texas at Austin, BBA, with Honors, 1999
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with Honors, 2002
AWARD AND HONORS
- “Top Lawyers in Houston” by H-Texas Magazine 2013-2017
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2008-2016
- Texas Excellence Award for Academics and Leadership
- University Presidential Award
- Eagle Scout
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEECHES
- Co-author of the American Bar Association’s class action treatise, A Practitioner’s Guide to Class Actions
- State of Texas
- State of Alabama
- State of Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Mississippi Northern District Court
- Mississippi Southern District Court
- Texas Eastern District Court